Skip to content
- Text editor shortcuts
(for Word, Wordpad, and Notepad, and even editors such as those found in SQL Server Management Studio [most apply])
- Lists (multiple) of Windows OS shortcuts
- List of web browser shortcuts
- Master list of SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) Shortcuts, Tricks and Tips
- Microsoft Office shortcuts
- Visual Studio shortcut keys
- Thanks to student Tony Pierce, who showed me the following…
When you’re in an MMC Management Console, or Windows Explorer, that has columns in the details pane you can hit CTRL + + (hold CTRL, then hit “+” twice in a row) and it will magically expand every column in the details pane to fit the maximum value in any column. This was one of the few remaining reasons which required a “rodent” (mouse). Thanks, TonyP!
- Your RDP/Terminal Services client has several valuable shortcuts…within the TermServices client window click on the Help button to do a search for the string “shortcut”.
- Customize your Windows XP “Start” button (from Annoyances.org)
- List of all Windows MMC Console Files (.MSC files) (For the purpose of making shortcuts and launching tools from the Start Menu)
- List of Windows Control Panels (.CPL files). Launch any Control Panel from the “Run…” command using its file name, such as “ncpa.cpl” to launch the Network Connections Control Panel
- List of popular executable names to easily launch from the “Run…” command